Thursday, 10 January 2013

Essie - Leading Lady




Essie 'Leading Lady' - £7.99


I was opening my mail the other day when I came across an envelope from Boots. Inside was a voucher for £2 off Essie nail polish in Boots stores. Advertised was a few colours including this one which I immediately loved. 

I popped in town today after work as I had ran out of foundation (which meant using my 'for special occasions only' Estee Lauder Double Wear for WORK...no!) Whilst in there I spotted this on the shelf and remembered about the £2 voucher in my purse, so picked up a bottle.

I took it home and put it on my nails this evening and I am in love. It's so lovely! It reminds me of Dorothy's shoes from the Wizard of Oz. 
The main thing I love about it, is that it's a glitter polish but doesn't require a base colour beforehand, it paints a gorgeous deep red on your nails with tonnes of glitter packed in. I wish I'd have noticed this earlier as it's the perfect Christmas colour.
The Essie brush is perfect, I can apply the polish nice and neatly without any mistakes of getting it all over my fingers! Nightmare... 

I definitely recommend this from Essie, it's just become my favourite for the moment!


13 comments:

  1. I have this too isn't it just the best glitter! I was also very happy not to have to use a base colour. Its not even too difficult to get off! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's so good! It's always hit and miss with glitters 'cause I never know if it will need a base or not! xo

      Delete
  2. This is such a lovely polish, got my first glitter polish for Christmas and now I'm obsessed x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love glitter polishes, shame they're a nightmare to remove! xo

      Delete
  3. i've always wanted to try their nail polish! cute color.

    http://butimnotajournalist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Great blog, Im a new follower and look foreword to reading more posts of yours. Im a self-taught makeup artist and upcoming YouTuber and have a beauty blog featuring product reviews, looks I have created and how to, picture tutorials and so on

    Would love it if you checked it out and even follow if you like my blog

    xxx
    Love Always, Sanna

    www.lookamillion.blogspot.com

    www.facebook.com/lookamillion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, your make up is ace! xo

      Delete
  5. I nominated you for The Liebster Award!

    Go to my blog to find out the rules and see what it's about. :)

    http://bigmegowski.blogspot.ie/

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I took part in this quite a few months back :) xo

      Delete
  6. freakin gorgeous! <3

    coffeebooksandcitylights.blogspot.com/
    facebook.com/rocknrolllies

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to have to take the plunge and purchase some Essie shades, I've only really seen good things about them. This one looks gorgeous!
    Thanks for sending me your link via the #bbloggers chat on Sunday, following you now :)
    Rebecca x

    Visit me at: www.rebeccas-3-rs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thank you so much for your comment, I read all of them and will visit your blog to have a nosey :)