Sunday, 20 January 2013

and we kiss, as though nothing could fall.





1. early wake up for work. 2. went to see Les Mis and I forgot how many tears would be shed and wore a bucket load of eyeliner. 3. my I.D badge for dog walking. 4. it really did...! 5. it's cold outside. 6. my baby boo. 7. new boots which I adore. 8. my little moz man.


I've not done a Instagram post for a while so here's a little update. Nothing too exciting in the pictures, mainly me and my cats...which is basically my life, oops. 
I haven't done too much the past week or so, I've been given quite a few shifts at work so I've mainly been working. Although I work in town which isn't good 'cause every time I finish my shift I always have a little mooch around and end up spending money on silly things. 
I'm trying to put some money together to eventually get driving lessons (errrbody get off the road) so hopefully I can start soon. I've tried driving in my mum's car before and I CAN'T DO IT. I know it takes practice but God, it looks so easy but it really isn't! 

My main OMFG! moment for the past couple of weeks is that my hero, my one and only, my ultimate favourite man that I cannot talk about in real life because I get way too many FEELS is back. After a decade of no music, he decided his 66th birthday was the best way to celebrate and give us new music, ahhhh! I am of course talking about David Bowie (hence my blog title this time is his lyrics rather than 'instablog!'). I was at work at 9am so had no idea, until I checked my phone on my break and had a tonne of messages with various things such as "BOWIE'S BACK" - "KATIE WAKE UP BOWIE HAS A NEW SONG" etc! I am so excited he's back, truly. I never thought he'd release new music again, since he just seems happy chilling in New York. I have all my fingers and toes crossed that he's at Glastonbury this year, but I think it's too far fetched, even for me to think! 

As I mentioned in one of my above pictures, I went to see Les Miserables on the day it was released. We were pretty smart about it and went in the afternoon so it wasn't super packed, even though it was still busy! God, what a film. Go and see it. If anything, for the astounding woman that is Anne Hathaway. She is in the film for all of about 20 minutes (of 2 hours 37) and she COMPLETELY steals the show as Fantine. The way she sings 'I Dreamed a Dream' is not from just sadness, but anger and pure despair. Anne's emotions convey perfectly and never have I completely been in the moment at the cinema. Special mentions to Samantha Barks as Eponine who was fantastic, especially during 'On My Own', Eddie Redmayne for 'Empty Chairs at Empty Tables' and Hugh Jackman who was really great. I thought Crowe portrayed Javert great although his singing clearly wasn't up to par as the rest. ALL THE AWARDS. Go see it. 


I hope you all have a good week :)


2 comments:

  1. I could cry at the thought of having a 4.50am alarm seeing as i usually sleep at 1 haha! & i absolutely adore cats, eep! my boyfriend hates them though aha! :) & lovinggg the boots! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah 4:50 alarms are the worst, luckily it doesn't happen too often! xo

      Delete

Hello, thank you so much for your comment, I read all of them and will visit your blog to have a nosey :)