Friday, 16 November 2012

Superdrug Vitamin E - Hot Cloth Cleanser with Muslin Cloth





Superdrug Vitamin E - Hot Cloth Cleanser with Muslin Cloth - £5.99


Winter has to be one of my favourite seasons, which for some reason a lot of people don't understand?! Don't get me wrong, I love basking in the sun and enjoying the natural heat spreading itself across my face but overall...winter just does it more for me! 
I love winter fashion - chunky knits, layering, boots and cosy pyjamas. I detest summer fashion...short shorts, ghastly bright colours and arm showing are definitely not for me. I suppose it doesn't help that I'm ginger, pale and freckly so the slightest bit of sun and I'm burnt to a crisp. Maybe if I had lovely olive skin I might enjoy it that tiny bit more - but sitting out in the sun for hours and not developing a tan is not fun, it's not comfortable, sweaty and down right BORING. 

Even so, one of the things I hate about winter is what it does to my skin. The heating is on in the house which may feel lovely on my bones but it dries out my skin and don't even get me started on what the weather does to my face...!
I always find myself splurging that little bit extra on winter skin care or using more products, just to try and bat away the awful dry skin that occurs. 

One of the things I've never tried before is a hot cloth cleanser - I know they are extremely popular in the beauty blogging world, especially the most loved Liz Earle one which I have been meaning to get my mitts on for a long time (I don't have any stockists of it in my town which means I'd have to travel out of town for it, boo!) 

I came across one in Superdrug lately which is part of their Vitamin E range which stocks lots of skincare products packed with excellent vitamins that will take care of your skin. One of the things I was impressed with when I opened the packaging was the sheer amount of cleanser - I'm so used to opening a box now and the product being half the size of the packaging! 

The cleanser is really thick and creamy which definitely feels nice and luxurious when smoothed across my skin. It also smells DIVINE. Almost like coconut with a hint of fresh linen. It leaves me skin feeling super soft afterwards and really refreshed. The only thing I don't overly like is the muslin cloth - but it's probably just me! I have a ~thing~ about textures and the feel of it goes through me slightly. However, for £5.99 I can't complain and I really do recommend this!

What are your favourite hot cloth cleansers? Can you recommend any new ones for me?



Ps; my friend has just started a blog which you can find here.

7 comments:

  1. Great post. This is my next one to try. I'm currently using the No.7 one. I did a review of it on my blog. I used liz Earle before and I really don't rate it.
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard good things about the no7 one, I'll have a read :)
      xo

      Delete
  2. I really want to try this it sounds really nice! & alot cheaper then the Liz Earle one xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly can't believe how great it is for the price! xo

      Delete
  3. I went in to get this the other day, but then noticed they've got the brightening version for £2.99 as an introductory offer, pretty decent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh really?! Might have a nosey xo

      Delete
  4. I think I have this bed throw. Well I have a primark patchwork thing that has a patch this print. Love you blog header xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thank you so much for your comment, I read all of them and will visit your blog to have a nosey :)