Saturday, 10 November 2012

Clinique Anti Blemish Solutions

 Clinique Anti Blemish Solutions
l-r: cleansing foam, oil control cleansing mask, clearing moisturiser, clarifying lotion.



As long as I can remember I have suffered with my skin and even now at the beckoning age of 24, it seemingly does not want to pass anytime soon. When I was 14 my forehead was plagued with pimples, with the big, red and sore beasties saving themselves for the spotlight of my chin. At an impressionable teenage age, you can imagine it wasn't the best of times but I got on with it. When I was 14 (this was 10 years ago...omg) I had no idea about skin care routines or beauty regimes. I thought good old soap and water was the cure to all my acne problems along with a little miracle gel prescribed by my doctor.
Fast forward to now and boy, am I glad I not only matured mentally but also with regards to what is available for my skin. I don't really suffer from bad spots anymore, I am more plagued with the scars left from previous years. I know now I will never have an even skin tone naturally, my face will always be...red and blotchy. Even so, if stress ever strikes me down and Lord knows it does, those under the skin and awfully painful monsters start making an appearance and soon show their ugly yellow little heads.

In my second year of University I had some spare money as I received a bursary on top of my student loan so felt the need to treat myself to a few 'special' things. Special items for me are items I splurge on and spend obscene amounts of money, but the reason I call them 'special' items is because I know I will make them last for quite a while. So, there I was, spotty again from University stress, red and blotchy from the cold Newcastle winter and on my way to Boots to cry for help. I stumbled upon the Clinique counter and spoke to a super nice lady who was more than willing to inspect my skin a little and offer some much needed advice. She recommended I try the Anti Blemish Solutions products and told me the ins and outs of how it all works. I came out of Boots having spent about £70  in sheer hope that my skin would succumb to the Clinique prowess.

I purchased the Anti Blemish Solutions Clarifying Lotion, Anti Blemish Solutions Cleansing Foam, Anti Blemish Solutions Moisturiser and the Anti Blemish Solutions Face Mask. I knew I'd have to use it for at least 2-4 weeks before I'd start noticing a difference, and of course, my skin had to go through the purging stage of extreme breakouts to get all the nasties removed from my skin. Over the course of time though, a difference did happen. The spots faded and became less regular. My skin looked much fresher and in turn, I used a lot less make up which ended the cycle of not so nice skin.

I've had this collection for over a year now and the only item I've had to re-purchase is the moisturiser as the packaging is quite small. The cleansing foam works really well and I just leave it in my shower so it frequently gets used. It comes with a pump which offers easy application and it smells really fresh. The clarifying lotion feels like a toner and I apply it with cotton pads after my shower just to get rid of any extra dirt and grease. A word of warning about the lotion is that it can be very drying which is why I always make sure I moisturise thoroughly after use as this makes a huuuuge difference. The anti blemish moisturiser itself is a very good one, it works well in to the skin, a little goes a long way and it soaks in super quick so you're not left with a tacky and greasy face. The work of wonder in this collection for me is the anti blemish face mask. It lasts SO long, you only need a small amount to cover your entire face and when removed my face is super shiny and healthy looking. It leaves my skin feeling silky smooth and indulgent. I cannot recommend the face mask enough, it really does work its magic!

Have you ever tried Clinique skin care products? Which are your faves?



22 comments:

  1. My skin is exactly the same, I'd LOVE to try all of these products, damn you Clinique for being so pricey!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a shame it's so expensive as I'm sure I'd have bought much more if it wasn't! It is worth it though if you have any spare pennies lying around :) xo

      Delete
  2. I purchased that exact set last year, and it just broke me out a lot more! I'm not sure if it's too harsh for my skin or anything, but I had to take it back. For whatever reason clinique products dont work well with me (with the exception of the "all about eyes" products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clinique products are really strong and there is some of their line that I just cannot use. Their anti blemish foundation for example just did not work for me, it gave no coverage and gave me a red tint?! I also use Dermologica which I find a lot more natural and less harsh than Clinique!
      xo

      Delete
  3. I use the clinique cleansing foam from this rang and absolutely love it, I really want to try more from them as I've been so impressed so far xx

    maddie-elizabeth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad more people are seeing the benefit from this range! xo

      Delete
  4. Never tried Clinique Skin Care Products ,thank you for the Review!
    follow new ,mind follow back?

    Have a great Day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're make up is just as good as their skin care xo

      Delete
  5. I definitely want to try this! Great review x

    ReplyDelete
  6. always find clinique products waaaay too harsh. it feels like the products make me need other products to fix the damage haha.

    subbed to your blog via RSS :)

    Miss drifted Snow White

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can be extremely harsh, like the lotion which makes my skin really dry. It does it's job but you just have to make sure you watch your skin carefully!
      Thanks :)
      xo

      Delete
  7. Nice review!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a Clinique pressed powder but I would looove to use their skincare products - I just really can't justify the prices! I wish someone would buy me a set for Xmas, this lot sounds amazing.

    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live their make up just as much as their skin care! Xo

      Delete
  9. Great review! I have never tried Clinique skin care products for what I have heard they are kinda expensive. But upon reading your review about these products, I wanna try it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are expensive but I think it's justifiable since they work so well and are such a well known brand! Xo

      Delete
  10. I am currently using the foam and moisturising cream and think they are great. When you can see benefits, the money is really worth it and you stick to it. Great post and blog!

    www.mintyessence.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. That's why I splurge on beauty products because when they work, they work well! xo

      Delete
  11. oh may have to get some of this now as my skin has broken out lately not massively but enough to need help lol, lovely blog 2 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey Katie. im got these products like 2 weeks back and i had extremely mild acne. but it doesnt seem to do much apart from making my skin softer. does it have some kind of downhill and then uphill thing ?

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thank you so much for your comment, I read all of them and will visit your blog to have a nosey :)