Wednesday, 5 September 2012

Techni Nail Polish in Carnival


I love a good glitter nail polish, the only thing that used to be put me off is how utterly hellish they are to remove (sometimes I feel like I have RSI once I've finished because it takes that much graft!). However, there are some really great tips and tricks to remove glitter polishes so it doesn't have to be such an arduous task. 

I was recently in my local Bodycare when I came across this little bottle of colourful wonderment. Now, I don't know if you have a Bodycare in your town, but they're a bit like Superdrug but half the price. 
'Carnival' retails at...99p! Not even a whole British pound. Excellent. 


Upon use, if you told me to guess the price of this product, it would not be 99p...at all. It does not feel or look like a cheap product. There is so much colour and glitter in the bottle and it applies really well. I've had it on my nails for a week and it's only chipped ever so slightly. 
I believe this is the dupe to OPI's 'Rainbow Connection'. 


I applied a base coat, then a white nail polish (Boots' own for their manicure set) then applied 'Carnival' on top, just to make the glitter stand out a little more. 
If you don't have a Bodycare locally, you can easily purchase this on eBay, simply type in 'Technic Carnival' and you'll find plenty of results in a decent price range. 


Have you tried Technic's 'Carnival' and is there any other dupes you can recommend? 


12 comments:

  1. 99p that's amazing!
    and yeah, i agree.. trying to take glitter nailvarnish off is one of the worst things, ever!

    please take a look, www.happyrebekah.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it really is such a bargain when other polishes like this are 10x the price!
      xo

      Delete
  2. I love this, have been wanting something like it for ages - I've had my eye on Ibiza Mix but my local Boots NEVER EVER have it in stock! Thanks so much for your lovely comment. I love personal posts from bloggers too, and I used to have no problems with posting personal photos and information but a few months ago, a couple of people ruined it for me by emailing me creepy things, they used personal information and googled for more - and it scared me from posting anything other than fashion/outfit posts. It's going to be rare but i do enjoy showing people more of what I do outside work xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, that is so awful Sarah. I totally understand why you would feel uncomfortable posting personal posts now. I remember seeing quite a few from you a while back and wondered where they had disappeared too. Some people really do have to spoil it for others, it's horrible :(
      Although I will always enjoy Oscar pictures via Instagram!
      xo

      Delete
  3. I love these photos and the flecks of different colors within the nail polish! I seriously need to get some!

    High-Stitched Voice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Milani in Gems, Deborah Lippman in Happy Birthday, OPI in Rainbow Connection, Nicole by OPI Rainbow in S-Kylie.. and many more are dupes to it :)

    vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a bargain! Love the colorful glitter - i have a sliver one but this one seems much more exciting!
    Anna

    http://opshopaholic.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this! It is a great OPI dupe, but I just love the colours and the 99p price tag!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! will have to put this on my shopping list! http://bellinibeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thank you so much for your comment, I read all of them and will visit your blog to have a nosey :)