Wednesday, 26 September 2012

Sleek Brow Kit

If you're a regular reader of my blog (thank you!) then you will know that most of my beauty posts feature affordable, drug store make up. Over the years I've found drug store make up has become bigger, more popular, and the most important - better quality. 
I only started fussing with my eyebrows this year, until then they were completely natural and untouched. Mainly because I like thick brows and also because they are very blonde, so they didn't stand out on my face or scare passers by. 
Gradually, as I became more aware of beauty, I decided to take the plunge and I got them waxed (oh sweet God, the pain!) and since then have bought myself a pair of Tweezerman's and have been plucking away.

 Sleek Brow Kit - £8.50.


Sleek Brow Kit in Light.

When adding colour to my brows, I've always used a pencil. I recently dyed them so they weren't as blonde and I don't have to fill them in everyday (I'm lazy...)
The main thing that I struggle with when pencilling my brows in, is that it looks really...unnatural. Pencils can be super creamy and if you press on even slightly harder than you should, you end up with brows that look like they've been drawn on with a marker pen. 



I've seen a few blog posts about the Sleek Brow Kit (and the new MUA kit...which was sold out, a good sign I'm sure!) so I popped along to Superdrug to buy it. I was aware that the Sleek Brow Kit came with a powder, which is what I was after. This kit must be extremely popular because there was only ONE left. All the dark shades had gone, and there was one left in 'light' - just my luck! 

 Me wearing Sleek Brow Kit in Light.

I know a few people have the 'Light' and find it too light, but luckily for me, it's the perfect shade. Being blonde, I don't like my brows being too dark as I think it can get too extreme sometimes and your eyebrows then become the main focus of your face. 

The Sleek Brow Kit comes in a small compact, with a wax, a powder, small tweezers, an angled brush and a normal brush. 
The wax is to define the brows, give them a bit of definition and the powder is too fill them in and add that little bit of colour. 
The brushes are a great adiditon but are quite tiny, so I use my own normal sized angled brush.
I haven't used the tweezers yet as I find my Tweezerman's are perfect and cause me the less pain possible!

LOL hamster face

In the picture above I have two different sets of brows. The left side is after I'd shaped my brows and filled them in with Sleek's Brow Kit. The right brow is before plucking (madness) and filled in with just a pencil.
As you can see, there is a big difference. The left side, in which I used the Sleek Brow Kit is much more defined, my eyebrow is not the focus of my face. Where as the right side, my brow is extremely thick, unshapely and the forefront of my face. 

The powder in Sleek's Brow Kit is amazing, it applies perfectly, is matte and gives a great shade. When I purchased it, I literally had no idea what the wax was for, as it looks like a dark cream. I have used it in the above pictures, but I don't think it's necessary, even though it's a great touch to the palette. 

I'm so impressed with this product and would definitely buy more of Sleek make up. I really want their contour kit and eye shadow palettes! 
You can find Sleek make up in Superdrug.


PS; My mouth is getting better, my dentist said I have a severe infection so I'm on plenty anti-biotics but the swelling is reducing! Although you can still see it, hence hamster face above, lolz.

11 comments:

  1. I use a similar kit from Superdrug by FashionistA, I posted about it yesterday! This one looks great too, how much was it? Powders definitely make your brows more defined than pencils and I find it so much easier to apply! I use the wax because I finds it lasts longer and I have quite unruly brows so it keeps them all in place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I'll have a look at your post now.
      This was £8.50
      xo

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this palette too. I use it everyday! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, you have a lovely blog here! I just followed ^_^

    Anyway, thanks for sharing this post with us. Your eyebrows look natural, and I'm glad you're enjoying the palette. I have SUCH a hard time filling mine in that I just eventually gave up lol I could learn a thing or two...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh this looks good, I normally use Benefit's browzings but I may have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really great for the price!
      xo

      Delete
  6. When my Chanel Brow Kit is running out, I will definitely try out this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks really good, I've been after a brow kit for a little while now and have been toying with the idea of buying the MUA one, but now I'm stuck as this one looks sooo good for the price!!

    Jo xo
    http://paintedglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thank you so much for your comment, I read all of them and will visit your blog to have a nosey :)