Sunday, 26 August 2012

My Week in Words.

Good afternoon.

Craig has now officially moved in with my family (by family, I of course mean myself, mum and cats). We've just graduated from University (2:1's all round, baby!) so we thought the easiest and most importantly, the cheapest option, would be to live at home for a while, whilst we decide what to do with our lives! It really is amazing, we've lived with each other for almost 3 years now, since we attended Uni together, so it was really difficult him going away after Uni since he's from Newcastle and I'm from Blackburn (not the best set up...!) We had to be apart for around 3 weeks before he moved here which was super hard, the longest we've gone before was around 2 weeks. I know many long distance couples go months and months without seeing each other, but I think the time apart affects everyone the same way, it just depends on what you're used to.
It's fine and dandy here in Lancashire and he knows and likes my friends which is a bonus, we can all go out together and get royally merry. The only downside is the amount of bloody football I have to put up with at the weekends!


I'm currently on a job hunt (ugh) which is incredibly tedious. Does anyone else feel a wave of shame and embarrassment come over them when they receive a job rejection letter? I always feel awful. Like I'm not good enough and how dare people be better than me at the job! (lolz)
But good news has come and I've got a job interview next week, yay! But of course, as it's me, and bad luck strikes me everywhere, it has also come with some concern. I've been called for Jury Duty the day before the interview and if I get chosen for the trial I won't be able to attend the interview...! Nightmare. I'm going to phone the job tomorrow and see if I can re-arrange but I feel like an incredible nuisance and I'm so so worried this will affect my chances of getting the job. Luckily, the job is at a school, so run by the local council, so I'm hoping they will have the correct procedures in place.

I did a teeny bit of shopping the other day when we nipped in to town. I've been pining after the Real Techniques 'buffing brush' for so long now, I've seen SO many Youtube videos and blog posts about how utterly amazing it is, but I just kept holding back because you have to buy a full collection to get it. Anyway, I went in to Boots and they had one left, so I obviously saw this as a sign (oops!) and bit the bullet. The buffing brush really is amazing, it's so so so soft and really does give a flawless finish. 

How has your week been and have you any exciting plans for the up and coming weeks?

ps; this is a long shot, but if anyone has had the job interview VS jury duty problem before please let me know how it went! 



5 comments:

  1. I'm sure they won't mind about jury duty, although when I did it, it lasted like a whole week and 2 days. Just ring them with plenty of time. I'm glad everything is going well with your boyf moving in. I live with mine's family so we're the opposite! I agree about the amount of football though, it's just wrong xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I hope it will be fine, I rang the school today and she said the court should allow me to go as they're very accommodating etc so I'm going to phone them tomorrow and hopefully they agree with it!
      xo

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the interview and Jury Duty! I wouldn't worry, they appreciate that it is unavoidable so I am sure it won't affect your chances =)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your interview! I know what you mean about ringing to re-arrange an interview, it doesn't give off the best impression does it. But I honestly wouldn't worry about it Jury Duty isn't really avoidable and I'm sure they'll appreciate that even more with fact that it's run by the local council I'm sure it won't affect your chances! Let us know how it goes.
    E
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I phoned today and luckily it's all sorted now :) all the worrying for nothing as usual! xo

      Delete

Hello, thank you so much for your comment, I read all of them and will visit your blog to have a nosey :)