Sunday, 15 January 2012

My dear, my darling one.



Dress - Topshop.
Denim jacket - Vintage (my mum's!)
Belt - Primark
Necklace - Primark
Ring - Primark.


Hellooo. Sorry I haven't blogged in over a week. I've moved back to University now after Christmas and the new year and I've had a lot of work to do. I had an essay due in and then I got all sad about missing home etc etc etc! I have a radio documentary to complete for Friday and we haven't even started editing it yet. Lolz. It's not actually funny, don't leave your work till the last mintue!

Anyway, I got my loan in so obviously treated myself. By buying one dress. God damn you measly loan! This velvet dress from Topshop was in the sale for £18 down from £30 and the colour is amazing, so I bought it without much hesitation!
I've had the jacket for quite a few years now, it's my mum's from the 90's or something, so I stole it. It's so manky looking, like the denim is losing it's colour but I don't care, I like it!

I also tried dyeing my hair this week. 


It's a bit of a mess. I don't know why I look stoned on this picture either, I wasn't! 
Basically I had red hair for ages, then I wanted to go back blonde but I didn't want to kill my hair so I went to the hairdressers and they put some highlights in which to be honest, looked like SHIT. So I just bleached the crap out of it myself (if you have money, please see a professional...) anyways. It went through the stages of orange, yellow, pale yellow. But I want my hair WHITE. Almost grey. So I got a white toner from La Riche directions. In this picture it looks yellow/white lolz. But I think it's the flash...
My boyfriend said the colour is exactly the same but I think he's just jealous of my hair. (!)
I think I'm going to carry on washing my hair with a purple based shampoo and see if that does anything...
Anyone tried and achieved white/grey hair before? How did you do it?


19 comments:

  1. I really like your hair! And your dress! I've had almost white hair before, but I did it the very unhealthy way with lots and lots of bleaching unfortunately! Lots of intensive conditioning treatments are the way forward if you do any bleaching - somehow my hair survived it, but I got bored of the upkeep as I'm incredibly lazy with hair! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did get white hair once by bleaching it a hell of a lot but I'm trying to not use bleach as much this time. I'm pretty sure it's the hardest hair colour to achieve!

      Delete
  2. Love the idea of pinching your Mums denim jacket! It looks great!

    Jen x
    http://kitsch-n-sync.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that ring, can't believe it's Primark.
    I wanted white hair a while ago, but I never achieved it and lived with yellow hair for a long, long time.
    Goodluck!




    www.atrickleofmeaning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute outfit, love the dress with denim! lovely blog :) x

    fashioninflux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. your hair looks really nice!
    love how much the denim jacket goes with your new dress - i cant believe you found something really nice in the topshop sale - theres never anything in there when I go in lol!

    :) lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahh love the dress - been wanting one for ages! x

    Also, i'm running a giveaway on my blog at the moment for either an American Apparel clutch bag or Models Own nail varnishes so please check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love the velvet dress along with the denim. Gorgeous :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your velvet red dress!!

    XOXF. - www.myfashion-expression.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your dress. and the colur! :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. My student loan is also measly so I know how you feel! I treated myself to the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette with mine so thats my spare funds gone until the last instalment in summer!
    Hope you feel less home sick now its always strange going back, you look lovely!

    abbi xo
    petitfilous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your velvet dress! School work has been keeping me busy as well.

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant blog!!! Fantastic post! You're pretty fantastic! :-) Have a great week!

    the-white-list.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a cool dress!I'm in love with your blog,I'm following now (:
    Thank you for sharing this with us!
    Have a nice day
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice color of you hair :) I also think that the ring is very original :D
    If you find a while, take a look at my personal style blog: www.violinstyle.blogspot.com
    If you like it follow me via GFC, I'll be happy to follow you back :D
    Greets,
    Joanna from www.violinstyle.blogspot.com

    PS.Tomorrow I'll add a new post :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the necklace and the ring. so pretty. came across your blog and loved it. i am following you now ;)
    -Stokely

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so beautiful and I love your hair. Very cute. That dress is absolutely amazing! I love velvet. The denim jacket ida great pairing.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thank you so much for your comment, I read all of them and will visit your blog to have a nosey :)