Friday, 6 January 2012

Lately loving.

Rimmel French Manicure, MAC Studio Fix Fluid, Dermalogica Cleaning Skin Wash, Soap & Glory Body Scrub, Rimmel Lipstick in 'Alarm', Carex Anti-bacterical gel. 

Just a few items I've been using almost everyday for the past couple of months. I tend to buy a lot of different products due to recommendations or liking the look of it, which often leads me to trying a whole bundle of different things. 

Rimmel French Manicure - I've bought a few of these sets by other brands in the past along with glue on manicure nails. Acrylics are slightly too permanent for me as I like to change my nails a lot and when they come off my nails are always in a horrible condition!
The thing I love about the Rimmel french manicure is the brushes. The white colour comes with a very thin and delicate brush, perfect for applying it to the tips of your nails which can be a disaster without strips! The pink coat comes with a thick brush, for easy coverage followed by a top coat. I've found it doesn't chip too easily & obviously looks good!

MAC Studio Fix Fluid - I know MAC products are often seen as 'the holy grail' and people have stocks and stocks of the stuff. Now, believe me, if I could afford to buy lots of it, I very much would but on my measly student loan, I just can't justify it. I buy MAC as a little treat to myself. I have acne scars on my face and I often find it hard to find a foundation that gives me great coverage until I came across this a couple of years ago. I only use it on special occassions to get as much last out of it as possible but it really is the best foundation I have ever used. Special mention also goes out to Revlon Photo Ready foundation. I use this everyday and it's also amazing for coverage, but it does have a shimmery undertone, my boyfriend often tells me I have a 'glittery face' when wearing it!

Dermologica Cleaning Skin Wash - As I said above, I suffer with bad acne scars and despite being 23, I still get breakouts. I have never been lucky with my skin despite taking care of it the best I can. Luckily it's got a lot better since I was younger but now the spots are gone I am faced with scars, nightmare! I started using Clinique's Anti Blemish range earlier last year. It did do my breakouts some justice but because of the chemicals it made my skin extremely dry that I had to stop using it for a while. My mum's friend recommended dermologica and it really is great. It sits at the side of my shower so I always pump a pea size amount out and rub it in to my skin. It hasn't left my skin dry or done any damage apart from reduce breakouts - yay!

Soap & Glory Body Scrub - I am a sucker for soap&glory and have been for quite a while. For Christmas I got the MASSIVE set (you know the one that goes half price just before Christmas?!) and it came full with goodies. I'd tried most of the products before apart from this one and I love it. I find after shaving my legs, massaging this in really gives me super smooth legs and helps against shaving rashes. It smells lovely too!

Carex Anti-bacterial gel - I have these things scattered absoloutely everywhere. In my bags, in my room, in the bathroom, everywhere! I find with most bacterical gels that they dry your hands out quite a lot but this one has been fine with me. It's really small and compact which is why I always carry one around with me in my bag & it smells all lavendry! 

Rimmel lipstick - Ahh lipstick. I love you so. I would have a pile as big as my house by now but I lose them ALL THE TIME. I can't even tell you how many red lipsticks I have bought. I love red lips - they're my 'going out' pout. I have recently grown fond of more pinky lips but I don't think I'll be giving up my red lips for a while! I always buy rimmel lipsticks in red because they last, they look great and they're not too expensive.



16 comments:

  1. Lovely blog you've got going here - really creative and original, just found it by chance and really enjoying having a little nose around :) Keep it up, i look forward to reading lots more... i'm your newest follower :) You can check me out here...

    http://diaryofmissraj.blogspot.com/

    Best wishes for 2012 and hope you have a lovely weekend

    Seema

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have those Carex anti-bacterial gels everywhere as well! I think it's because I buy them every time I go to a festival, and end up only using one bottle at a time. There's usually one in my handbag too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also a student but recently splashed out on studio fix and so glad I did! Will have to check out photo ready as a cheaper alternative when I run out!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the 2nd post I've seen today that raves about Rimmel's Alarm lipstick, gonna have to check it out next time I see it!

    Laura x
    http://petitchatons.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog and products.(:
    I follow you now:bb
    Greetings:*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Might just have to get myself some of the lipstick, I love that shade of red :)

    x
    http://littlestagg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've been looking at mac's foundations for a while and i can never bring myself to spend the money on it. even when i have it. i'll probably get over that some time soon, though :)

    www.lifeasadaydreamer.blogspot.com

    -Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!

    http://liberty-walk-sara.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute blog! I'm a cat lady too.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am obsessed with lipstick recently as well! I read somewhere that lipstick comes back in style when the economy is down or something somewhere.. interesting, right? My new favorite is "Certainly Red" (Revlon) I did a post about it on Tuesday :) Love all these goodies!

    XO,
    Erin
    http://erinscurrentlycoveting.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love MAC Studio Fix Fluid but also can't really justify the price that often! Great product choices :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Soap&Glory too. Have you tried their anti-bacterial hand gel? Smells lovely and it's pink haha always a plus! I always have issues with my legs post-shave so i might give that scrub a try.
    Steph xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, I wish I had all this stuff :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm relaly getting into Soap & Glory at the moment - thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thank you so much for your comment, I read all of them and will visit your blog to have a nosey :)