Saturday, 31 December 2011

2011 Best & Worst







1. I can only remember this year starting from about June really, or that's when Facebook tells me things actually happened. Anyway, in June I went on my very first GROWN UP holiday. I'd been on holiday (well, to Newquay for a week in a caravan) with my friends a few years ago without 'parentals' but this time it was with a BOY. A proper grown up holiday - mental! It took us a while to think of where to go because we didn't have a huge budget and we're not a couple who fancies clubbing in Benidorm. However, we did end up in Spain, just outside Barcelona. It was lovely but the weather was pretty poor :( and the beach was made out of stones...
But nevertheless we had a wonderful holiday and we put up with all the airport stress and transfers and spanish trains all on our own without much shouting - result!



2. This is one of my worst moments of 2011. I was back at University, I'd only been back a few weeks and my mum phoned me and said Bo (my cat) hadn't come home that night. He has done it before when we were on holiday and our neighbour looked after them, but all other times they're ALWAYS home on time. 2 more days past and there was no sign of him. I was beside myself. I can't really explain how it feels because if people don't have pets they don't really understand the immense connection you have with them. The third day came and he still wasn't home. I remember making my tea in my Uni house, going upstairs and just crying in to my plate! All's I could think were bad things, if he'd got stuck somewhere, if he'd hurt himself, if he'd been stolen. On the 4th day I got a phonecall at 8am off my mum, I knew she was going to work then so I just thought she'd tell me he hasn't come back in the night - she was crying down the phone out of sheer relief because my baby boo had come home!!!! I had to pause a minute and compose myself so I didn't cry down the phone too! Apparently she looked for him that morning and there was no sign, and she was walking around to her car door and he was just sat there!!! When she let him in, she said he cried SO loudly, like he knew he'd been missing and had made it home. A REAL HOMEWARD BOUND MOMENT!! To this day we have no idea where he had gone.


3. Another sad moment for 2011, this only happened the other month. In my first year at University I met a lot of new people, as you do. One guy I met was named Doug. He was one of those people that could talk to anyone, truly loved life and made the most out of every second. He was always smiling every time I saw him and was an utter pleasure to be around. He moved back to Leeds shortly after first year had ended and we all just kept in contact through facebook etc. We received the sad news that Doug had passed away one evening. I was in shock. I'm not going to go in to detail but it was under such tragic and freak accident conditions - such a waste of such a beautiful life. We knew we had to commemrate him so all his friends from Uni gathered in the local park with Chinese lanterns - however, Sunderland being Sunderland it was SUPER windy so we didn't get much done and I fell and cut my leg open! But we did get a few to fly and it was lovely to remember him in a delicate but amusing way, just as he would want it.



4. I am now in my 3rd year at University, super super scary! I still have no idea what I want to do. I am finishing my degree in something I have been put off by and don't really want to pursue it anymore, tres annoying. I have no idea where my path is going to take me - if I'm being truthly honest, all's I want in my life is a nice home, a family and lots of animals. I'm hoping Craig gets a stupendous job and I can stay at home with my animals and baby and bake all day! Drrrream.
One thing that makes Uni bareable is the people I live with. I have been very lucky. I live in a MASSIVE house (mansion house, as we like to call it) and everyone who lives there is bloomin' wonderful. The picture is of me and my housemates on Halloween - I was Wednesday Addams, my face is so white, it looks like the moon!

9 comments:

  1. That's so sad! I really do hope you find your cat!


    Wida
    Missing Amsie Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cat is beeeauutiful :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw I'm glad he made it home! And GINGR CATS FTW! I could never love a black and white moggy as much as I love my ginger Theodore : )

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pleased your cat came back!!! If one of my cats went missing then I don't know what I'd do xxx

    http://bellepearlxx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too am in final year of uni, and don't have a clue what I'm going to do when I finish, I've been applying for jobs none stop with no luck, so feel a bit daunted by the thought of finishing uni :s
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awhhh love your cat, it's so cute. Happy New Year xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, your cat is so cute! I hope you have a great 2012! :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thank you so much for your comment, I read all of them and will visit your blog to have a nosey :)